Pause Mode

You hit my heart like a rainy day with no sight of the sun for miles. You know just how to put me on pause forcing me to reflect before pressing play again...







Just as I thought I was going make it without any tears listening to Surah-Al-Nahl on YouTube, you awakened to the beautiful rendition in a way you know best. You forced me to open up thoughts, to give thanks and reflect.




So let me tell you my dear Soul, I realize that I am a mortal and in remembering this, I give thanks to the Almighty One, Allah for everything He has given me & my family. As my seconds perish, I work hard with improving my Muslim-self. It is hard, dear soul, in this life but I try my best to abide by my Muslim way of life. Today I looked at Times Magazine, I saw the picture of a Muslimah from Afghanistan - she was beautiful in every way save that she had no nose. Why ? Her nose was cut off because she wanted to leave her country. I ask myself in the light of this, of terrorism, of the changing world why is it that Islam's facade is so different to that of the Quran? 





Oh Dear Allah, I don't know the answer to that question but I would like to thank you for Mae and my family, thank You for giving me a muslim soul and fate in this world, thank You for giving me the beautiful flowers, trees and animals that offer some comfort over the less nicer things that my eyes sees daily, thank You for giving me the ability to help those less fortunate than me, thank You for protecting from Shaitaan. 




As I border on Ramadaan, I hope that if I ever upset anyone unknowingly, knowingly or neglected to ask for forgiveness, that You, the Most Merciful, shall forgive me as You know me better than anyone.




مَا عِندَكُمْ يَنفَدُ ۖ وَمَا عِندَ اللَّهِ بَاقٍ ۗ وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّ الَّذِينَ صَبَرُوا أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ 

Whatever is with you, will be exhausted, and whatever is with Allah (of good deeds) will remain. And those who are patient, We will certainly pay them a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do.


[Surah-Al-Nahl Verse 96)