Making some noise

The good news is I managed to sort out my satellite - the frequency setting was wrong. I been catching up with your blog posts over the weekend and I have to say I found alot of great informative posts - I am just going to put down a few notes here of possibly somethings sitting in my head with referral links to associative posts of the same topic or just direct you to a blog I think you should go have a look at. It's great that we can learn so much from each other (or even support each other for that matter) in this global multi-cultural virtual village.


1. Indonesia's volcano is still erupting - It is about three weeks since eruptions began from its crater leaving ashen ruins of villages and a death toll of about 250 people as well as about 400,000 people sheltering in evacuation centres. It's really sad. Have a look at Mustika's blog for a local's point of view.


2. I am glad to announce that Deros, one of dear bloggers, has reverted to Islam. Allahu Akbar! She has performed her first prayer over the weekend. I urge you all to support her. Deros if you need any assistance, we are here to help you. May Allah keep you strong and assist you in your new life as a muslim, Ameen, Inshallah!


3. Tomorrow is the day of Arafat, some will be fasting tomorrow while others will be completing the rituals of hajj - whatever you doing, set some time aside to make dua as it is a special day. Rose water has done a good job of explaining it so go over and read her blog...Also for other hajj stories, visit With a Saudi Accent and The Strangers Diary


5.  Bosnish Muslimah is starting off her new perfume business and to kick it off, she has started a new blog - it not only promises to provide information on oud and perfume but I believe some direction for young enterpreneurs. 


6. Naz has disappeared - go over there and write her insane comments so she reappears. It seems the move to her new home has been so exciting that she forgot about us! It is just not acceptable! *pfft*...Oh and the same time, it seems that Crafty MuslimahVeiled in HayatSolo Muslimah, Mrs Handbag and TeaBreakThoughts have donet the same - I am missing your posts ladies! Im disappointed!


7.  UmmAbdulAziz has put up a nice post on sickness dua - I knew the first one but I never knew of the second one. Interesting - thanks for that darling. As for IamFarsilla - my dear darling, you are beautiful - don't stress! And have a look at this delicious cake recipe


Moving on, I wont be going to South Africa - I'll be in Doha. Our holidays start tomorrow - I am looking forward to some relaxing time before returning to work on Sunday (20th Nov), It's cute though that my Adha will be taking place in SA while I am here. May Allah accept my intentions, Inshallah! Have a great week ahead!