I love the skies

Ever since I was a little girl, I have cherished clouds, being able to be high up in the skies and fly over these chunky sky pillows. When I was 12 years old, doing my first flight from Durban, South Africa to Cape Town, South Africa, I was left breathless over the 2 hour journey at sunset. It is truly, Alhumdulillah, one of the most beautiful things to behold. It was at that time, that I decided, I loved planes.



Artist Impression of A380 seen here Doha's city (this is how new Doha looks now)
Today, flying has become somewhat of a routine, for me, taxing between South Africa and Qatar.





As if the increase in aircraft accidents have left me unaffected, the 8 hour trip to and from, is like a breeze and no matter how tired I am, I am just so excited to be over the clouds! Over and above of placing my trust in Allah, the rest of that relief comes from flying with the countries flag carrier,i.e.: 5 star accredited Qatar Airways Airline - not only does it give me piece of mind on safety but they operate young fleet that notably live up to the 5 star status. The economy class has been structured so well that you can fold your legs comfortably without touching the seat in front. I have flown with many other airlines and found the seating to be cramped - It is understandable how Qatar Airways managed to scoop so many awards in recent times (ranging from best economy class, best cabin crew and more recently retained the Best Middle Eastern Airline title for the fifth year running at the annual TTG Asia Pacific awards held in Bangkok and Best Middle East Airline accolade for the second consecutive year at the 2010 Business Traveller Asia Pacific). The planes are new and modern offering excellent in-flight entertainment and cabin crew services. Over and above these facilities, it offers a first class premium check in facility (Doha) and Mobile/Online check in. 


Well done Qatar Airways - you're doing a great job!





For a virtual tour of some of the airlines offerings, have a look here 
Doha, will soon also be opening its new airport, which comes with high expectations. Take a look