A bit of this and that

As if beauty sleep is key to beauty, I really over-indulged on it this weekend but strangely still woke up looking the same. :) Mental Note: I might be doing something wrong. The weekend was quiet and somewhat thought provoking while otherwise filled with movies. MBC MAX is a life saver and offers a good continuous set of movies. I do concede some have drowsiness side effects with 1 to 2 hours down-time, just in time for the next movie! *grin*.





I been lazy to blog this weekend, in fact after spending almost the entire weekend in my apartment (save a few hours or so), I can proudly say I spent minimal time on my laptop - sadly I just think being absorbed by the internet and all the Googling might just cause my grey matter to start leaking with excitement, so I have ordered some self-restraint. 





Bits and bobs floating in my head:

  • I have to do a post on the sunshine award I received - thanks Khadeeja, Zarina and Hopeful.  I appreciate it and promise to do the post very soon. 

  • I cooked, yeah in between all the napping I made some chicken stir fry last night - the left overs are in my lunch box today. Yum! *this post was written yesterday*

  • There are only 22 days to go to Ramadaan - with Shabaan here, I been trying to keep some fast to cover up for the ones I'll miss in Ramadaan. 

  • I have a sore tooth - I need to do something about this. Interim measure: no chocolates and lots of clove sticks for numbing the pain.

  • Ben10 and I had the longest conversation this weekend - he is just getting so smart!

  • Now that Harrods is owned by Qatar’s sovereign-wealth fund, you'll find the DAS abaya collection available in store. Thats great news  - I love the DAS collection. Also, Qatar recorded the highest temperature (in 40 years) last week, hitting a record 50.4 degrees. See, I told you it was hot here.

  • Mars is visiting us it seems - seriously, don't laugh. "The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide."  As if that makes any sense!  I think its just best to look out for something red next to the moon. NB: Dont miss it, because you won't be here in 2287 to see it come around, again.

And thats a wrap for today. Hope you all had greater weekends...please do share:)