Patience صبر

In a time where newspapers have become darth vaders showcasing doom more and more, it makes you wonder though, how much of good there is left.



I often question my own values daily and make sure that in my treatment of others, I always deliver patience, goodness, kindess, care and good conversation.  I try my utmost never to hurt anyones feelings and if I do for some reason, I often apologise immediately because I dont know when my time will end. When I am confronted with in the face arguments, I often remain silent because I wish not to say anything to hurt someone and talking on the spur of the moment without a collation of my thoughts, is a disaster.





Why is it that we have lost our patience? Surely life has become more easier with all the modern offerings we have at our disposal. Perhaps its all the luxury and materialism that life has afforded us allowing us to elevate/rank ourselves higher than others and let our ego's rule our attitude.



It is a thought, that, at the end of the day, we are all answerable to Allah, the one and only, the one who created us and the one to whom we will return and who is the Judge of us. It is also an amazement how patient Allah must be with us while we become fake, greedy and ignorant people who have lost our sense of direction.



Today I thank my mother for teaching us patience, for drilling it in to us and no matter how bad things got, her famous words still remain in my head till this day "Be patient, Allah knows best" and for Allah, without whom my life would make no sense. Read. 2 Rakah nafl after your salaat and you will feel like a different person every day. 



Here are today's hadith:



The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant. From whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it. But when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but remains patient until Allah removes the difficulty). (Bukhari)



Narrated Abû Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger said, “The strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is one who controls himself in â fit of rage.” (Al-Bukhâri and Muslim)



Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: Allah’s Messenger said, “A Muslim is a brother of Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother’s needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)



Narrated Harithah bin Wahb: I heard Allah’s Messenger saying, “Shall I not inform you about those who are entitled to Paradise? It is every person who is, modest and humble (before Allah), a person who is accounted weak and is looked down upon but if he swears (hoping for Allah’s Bounty), Allah will certainly give him what he desires. Now shall I not inform you about the inmates of Hell? It is every violent, impertinent and proud man.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)



Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger said, “Richness is not in plenty of provisions; the (real) richness is the richness of the soul.”



Have a great weekend